|Our.... living room?|
Our living room looked more like this:
|Like any hoarder worth his junk, we sacrificed our couch for our boxes.|
In the end we went for a 10 footer. But a large SUV probably would have sufficed.
|Our half-filled truck|
We got the truck from Budget, which required that we rent it for 2 full days, for reasons of drivers safety. I almost can't believe that we drove the full 83 miles to Yardley in one go. We didn't even have to stop overnight somewhere in Jersey to rest up. (When we pointed out the absurdity of an 83 mile drive necessitating a two-day trip, the Budget representative replied, "This is a commercial vehicle. You have to take it slow." O-kayyyyy)
By the end of the day, and with the help of some Pennsylvania-based movers-helpers (who were just as good, but more camera shy), we managed to clear out our apartment, and turn Lynda and Steve's basement into their own shameful secret.
|Lynda and Steve's basement. I think there used to be a stationary bike under there.|
1. Alternate side parking is suspended for Sukkot. Probably best to check on this before you count on being able to park your truck on your street in front of your building.
2. A movers helper is much stronger than he looks.
3. No Meshkov man will EVER, EVER, EVER become a movers helper.
4. You will never be able to convince a rental truck company that it is possible to safely drive 83 miles in just one day.
5. Um, what is all that stuff in those boxes and bags? We don't even remember what we packed and stored, and we've been living without any of it for the past week without any problems.