As many of you may know, we have decided to take a year to travel the world and do some volunteering abroad! We are very excited about out trip and we welcome any and all suggestions, recommendations, and introductions to locals in the places we'll be visiting. We hope you will follow along at http://jdmesh.blogspot.com/.
The broad plan, as it stands now, is:
- Sept 30th: leave JFK with a one way ticket to Santiago! Wake up on our RTW trip.
- Oct-Dec: South America (Chile/Easter Island; Argentina)
- Dec-Jan: Africa (South Africa; middle of Africa?; Egypt; Jordan)
- Jan-Feb: India (chana masala!)
- Feb-Aug: South East Asia (volunteering)
- Aug-Sept: Trans-Siberian railroad (via Mongolia); Russia; Eastern Europe
We also hope that you'll help us rent out our apartment for the year! We would really appreciate it if you could forward this information along, post it to your company's or school's bulletin board or newsletter, and just generally keep us in mind if you hear of anyone who's looking. A post with all the information can be found at: http://jdmesh.blogspot.com/2010/08/rent-our-apartment.html.