- Number of recon visits to Paragon: 2
- Number of bags ordered from eBags (round one): 12 (cost- $2,605)
- Number of humongous boxes in which the bags were shipped: 10
- Number of freakouts that Jesse's home was being overrun by the bag army: 2 (okay, 3)
- Number of hours spent debating the merits of wheeled vs backpack, carry-on vs checked: felt like an eternity
- Number of fruitless hours spent by Dave on the phone with eBags customer service, attempting to extend return period: 1
- Number of bags returned to eBags: 12 (refund- $2,605)
- Number of bags re-purchased from eBags for further consideration (rounds two & three): 8 (cost - $1,865)
- Number of minutes it took Jesse to choose her bag, following receipt of round two: 10
- Number of days it took Dave to choose his bag, following receipt of round three: 20
- Number of (round two & three) bags returned to eBags: 6 (refund - $1,345)
- Number of times Dave referred to his decision between a 25" bag and a 28" bag as a "Sophie's Choice": hundreds, maybe thousands
- (Number of times Dave has seen the movie Sophie's Choice: 0)
- Number of times Jesse has secretly worried how she will manage to fit all the shoes she needs but still have space to buy things: ongoing
- Irony that the bag ultimately chosen was the first bag we liked at Paragon months earlier: high.
- Surprise that this was the case: low.
|The Bag Army Conquers the Couch|
So, after all of the internet shopping, review reading, test packing, mind changing, box shipping and soul searching of the last few months, we are excited to present to you:
TWINNY ORANGE AND TWINNY BROWN!